The British Government offers a lot of services for its driving population. Its official agency, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency or DVLA have been serving a lot of drivers since 1965, and with the advancement of technology, the services are even more convenient. Here are the things you can do by contacting DVLA.

One of the most useful services of the agency is getting vehicle information. The information you can get from the company is helpful in finding the tax expiration, MOT expiration, and the current tax rate of the vehicle. This is important when an individual wants to buy a car from secondhand sources. The services can also be used to verify if the seller’s information is real or not. You can use this service online or by contacting DVLA.

Another thing that can be done with the DVLA agency is reporting a scam regarding vehicles. According to the agency, they recorded 1,275 complains either through their online platform or via the DVLA helpline number. In addition, their name is also used in this scam which are sent through emails, text, or misleading websites. Because of this, they advised to always make sure to use Gov.UK in accessing their agency. If you want to contact the agency to make a complaint or if you believe you’ve been scammed, you can contact them via 0300 123 2040 or through their online reporting tool.

You can also Inform DVLA for a sale or transfer of auto vehicles right away. However, the service will not be available if you already sent your logbook or V5C via the post office. The service is available online and the user will need to answer a questionnaire asking if the auto was sold, transferred, scrapped, or bought. After the brief and easy questionnaire, you would be given a list of things you need to do in order to finish the transaction.

And last but not least is to pay your tax payments online. This is very convenient for those who are busy and cannot find the time to tax their vehicles personally. Those who are “exempted” from taxes can also make their payments online. You can pay your taxes via a reference number like a “last chance” number or V11 from DVLA, the vehicle logbook or V5C slip, or the green slip (new keeper) from a logbook if your vehicle is new.

To use this service, you need to answer an easy questionnaire. Make sure to have your V11, V5C, or Green Slip reference number ready. You can use a debit card, credit card, or direct debit to pay your taxes. Make sure to register your vehicle off the road if you only keep it in a garage to avoid paying taxes.